Thursday, October 7, 2010

Diem Content Management Framework: How does it compare to Drupal?

Replying to Aviblock's article : Diem, my new CMS of choice :

I’m also very impressed when I found Diem CMF.

I’m a bit torn here, I quite like Drupal, especially due to its popularity and choice of modules.

However looking at the description of Diem it really looks like it fits my “style” as you say it. I haven’t yet worked with Symfony, I only worked with Doctrine + Zend Framework but I already liked the way things work. (and I believe Symfony is much more convenient than Zend Framework)

Drupal’s architecture leaves a lot to be desired… but de facto it’s one of the most popular CMSes nowadays (along with Joomla and WordPress), with lots of PHP developers familiar with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment